Sunday, February 16, 2014

Half way point….


 


Hi all! So I’m hoping you saw the quotes…..cool stuff hu? So to go on with the rest of my week.

 

Happy bleated valentine’s day ‘yall!!! I must say…I kinda get into valentine’s day, I even went as far as to bake ( red velvet oreo brownies…. Also named “those awesome sinful things”) and I wore…salmon!!!! ( almost pink)

It was a vary good day, it was hack day, ( Fridays) so some of us set up a Jumping lesson across the street with Miranda. I pulled out my jumping tack, and we had a lot of fun knocking off the dust and playing around! I must say, Leo is a much better dressage horse then jumper! There were these butterflies…. he kind of had a little fit over them! such a diva… ;) Haha! It was good for us to go have some fun though!

 

We also had a lecture by Jessica Ratter. She talked to us about how to define our goals, and how to lay the bricks down in order to achieve them. She had some really good points, and the way she laid it out made the whole thing about thinking about the “next step”  much less scary!!!

 

Yesterday!

 Our lesson was good! we busted out a little bit of lateral work, London said “your horse really does not mind going crooked at all!!!” ha-ha as funny as it is its true (both a good, and a bad thing)

Yesterday we spent the day at the Global Dressage Forum North America 2014. (we are taking turns, half of us went today, and half  will go tomorrow)

There were many speakers, and presenters who talked about he spore of dressage, and its growth. This was followed by presenters!

Jan Brink ( from Sweden) work with a young horse, as well as teach a young rider. Jan has a vary nice since of working with the young ( both people and horses) and I loved how he displayed throw his riding and talking that the young in the sport should be both nurtured, and pushed past there “safety” zone!

 

Then Christilot Boylen and Udo Lange  spoke and rode for us.  One of the things I really took away from hearing her talk, and watching Christilot and Udo ride was the importance of TIMEING and precision. Timing is everything! In any movement, of your timing is off, your horse will not do it correctly! All in all it was an excellent day, and I enjoyed seeing and listening to the “movers and shakers” of the dressage world!

 

Today- started off with an early lesson. We worked more on counter canter! The most existing thing was the Lendon said that Leo is now at the point were he is though enough to start working on making him a dressage horse!!! so existing to see how far he has come! ( oh and did I menschen, Friday was also the half-way point of the program!! Wow, I cant believe I've been here 6 weeks! Crazy hu?)  

Since the other “wave” of WITs went to the Form today, I had an easy day. So I went to Wal-Mart…. Man, people in there are CRAZY!! They’re zooming around with their shopping carts like it’s the high way! ( and they re crazy on the high way as well!) ya…that was an experience to say the lest! But I made it out alive, and got what I needed!

 

Well time for me to go watch a movie! ( tomorrows my day off, so I feel like I can stay up a little later tonight!)

Oh and not to rub it in or anything…but I’m going to the beach tomorrow!!!! Whoot whoot!

J

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment